Saturday, August 16, 2008

coffee

Daphne is still asleep right now, but at 6:30 my body decided it was time to get up. If I could find the camera (I'm sure it's just hidden under some wedding-related rubble) I would take a picture of my cup of coffee. I guess these are my last moments of alone time before things get crazy.

If I am sitting here calmly sipping coffee it can only be because of Daphne. Not that I have a lot of experience with such things, but putting together a wedding like ours seems to require a magical combination of planning and flexibility. Like everything else she puts her mind to she has done an amazing job with the preparations.

I think for many couples planning a wedding is a real test. Sure, there have been some stressful moments, but experiencing this together has made me even more confident (as if I had any doubt) that Daphne is the woman I want to spend my life with.

I love you, Daphne, and I'm thrilled that you are becoming my wife today.

1 comment:

manic hispanic said...

holy bananas! I only just read this today and it is the most heart warming thing i have ever encountered.
after the wrencher of a morning i've had, it is refreshing to encounter such a sweet sentiment.